Monday, April 27, 2009

Manic Monday

I've been able to do a little spinning tonight. I'm still a ways away from filling a bobbin and I love this "Crabapple" sock fiber more and more every minute I spin. Look at these lovely singles!



I'm planning to spin a two ply yarn. It came in two huge (like basketball-sized) balls of roving, so I'm spinning each roving on a separate bobbin. If there is any difference in the colorway, it'll all blend together. I'm hoping to get areas of all pink, all green, and mixed. The brown is in spots here and there and I think there's just the right amount.

My filigree class is over, but I still have access to the craft shop. I finished two of my orifice hooks - one flower and one martini glass. I really love how the flower turned out. It has a few blobs here and there, but it's so pretty and delicate. I'm on the fence about the martini glass. I like it, but the silver has a melting point close to the solder and one edge of the glass has a little extra character, thanks to the flame beginning to melt the frame. I had hoped to sell this one, but I think I'll keep it since it's not up to snuff. Filigree is a lot of fun and I hope I have the time to keep playing with it. I have another orifice hook in the shape of a wine glass, but I haven't figured out how I'd like to fill it in. I'm going back to the craft shop on Wednesday and hopefully I'll have the perfect idea by then.




No comments:

Post a Comment