Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tour de Fleece - Day 3

I celebrated Independence Day by sleeping in, working on fiber stuff and watching movies. It was wonderful! I made a lot of progress today, even while being lazy.

* Finished carding the huge pile of blue roving that's been on the carder for ages. I dyed several pounds of various blues to test a recipe for a custom yarn order. I've been slowly carding it together into batts. I'll eventually add other stuff to the batts and perhaps use them for a larger project. Maybe I'll put them up for sale. Either way, the roving is finally out of the way and I can work on other things.

* Finished washing the sheep fleece! It was a 6.5 pound fleece, so it took a few batches. It's drying now and I'll eventually dye some of it. The rest will be combed and spun in the natural colors.

* Washed a small bit of alpaca fiber for my super secret project.

* Carded several bits of alpaca fiber for my super secret project, plus another batt from a fleece I'm processing.

* Spun two mini-skeins of alpaca for my super secret project. This is the first actual spinning I've done during the tour. Most of my goal is processing the fleeces in my stash, so we'll see how much finished yarn I end up with.

Washed fleece!



Carded alpaca fiber!



I actually spun yarn for the Tour de Fleece!

No comments:

Post a Comment