Monday, January 21, 2008

Jaco Beach bowl and something fishy

The bowl has been felted! It turned out to be a nice dense fabric that holds its shape and still shows the colors. I'm very pleased with the finished bowl. Final dimensions are 6" diameter and 4" tall with a very slight flare.





I also took a break from knitting my Opal Caterpillar scarf (no photos yet) to crochet a little fish. I wanted to use some of my scraps and the colors of Patons SWS "Natural Crimson" were just screaming "goldfish" to me. So, here's a little felted cat toy that took maybe 20 minutes to throw together. I didn't use a pattern - just increased and decreased until I felt like it was fishy enough. The SWS felts well, but leaves a lot of long curly fibers all over the surface. I trimmed it with scissors to smooth the surface a little. I could possibly felt this once more but I like how the faint stitches look like scales. It started out 7" long and ended at 5 1/2" after felting. It's also hollow so I can stuff it with catnip.


Before:



After:

No comments:

Post a Comment