Monday, January 21, 2008

Wet Felting

I've signed up to take a wet felting class next month. I'll learn how to make a bag out of unspun wool roving. I'm really excited about this because I love the colors of hand-dyed wool batts, but they are sometimes lost when spun into complex yarns. I can get creative with colors and I won't be restricted by long and short colorways as I am when I knit.

I'll still knit because I am in love with crazy colorways. Look at the Opal yarns. I have a ton of ideas for those and none of them involve socks. I put another couple repeats of the pattern on my caterpillar scarf tonight and it's starting to take shape. It's a little crumply but should open up once it's blocked. I can finally see what it is going to turn into and I think I found the right pattern for this yarn.

I wish I didn't have to work for a living. I'm getting behind on my knitting and beading!

No comments:

Post a Comment