Saturday, April 19, 2008

Beaverslide Dry Goods

My Beaverslide Yarn came today! I am so thrilled. I bought four colors in the Fisherman weight yarns, three of which are technically McTaggart Tweeds. It's lovely, nubbled, squishy yarn with amazing depth. It looks different depending on the light and the closer you get, the more you see. It still has some natural lanolin so my room smells slightly of sheep - this makes me happy.



Prairie Aster:

This is a glorious, rich purple with deep reds, bright blues, white and lavender flecks. These photos are lighter than it really looks. The photo of all four together is a closer representation.







Prairie Sandreed:

This is a fresh, pale green with flecks of sky blue, yellow and white.





Oat Straw:

If anything, this makes me think of cornmeal. It's a soft yellow with brighter yellow, white and brown flecks.





Cutthroat Trout:

This is a dusty pink with flecks of bright pink, yellow, white and occasionally brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment