Saturday, April 12, 2008

My love affair with Araucania

I am anxiously awaiting a shipment of yarn from Beaverslide Dry Goods in Montana. I keep drooling over photos of other peoples' stashes on Ravelry until I can get my hands on my own. I have several designs I want to use it for and I'm really excited. I am smitten with wool and after all of this sock yarn, it's a switch to use something so chunky.

I'm working on another lace scarf, this time with Araucania Ranco Multy. I'm using a stitch called "Flame Chevron" from Barbara Walkers "Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns". Right now it looks like a mess, as per usual with lace. I can already tell it is going to be glorious after it's blocked. This yarn feels wonderful and I love it even more than Opal. Every stitch is a different color and photos don't do it justice.

This honestly isn't even close to the colors:



Non-knitting content - my crocuses are finally blooming! Right now they are underwater due to all of the rain, but they were blooming when I took this!

No comments:

Post a Comment