Sunday, April 27, 2008

Outdoorsy Stuff

So I've been knitting away and I'm up to row 72 on my second Hemlock. It doesn't look like much yet so no photos. In lieu of knitting pictures, I'm posting other bliss in my life:

I have NO idea what this thing is. It's something in the lily family and I think I planted it last year, but I haven't seen in bloom. It looks like it's from outer space, so this should be interesting.



(Edit 2/13/2009 - It later bloomed and turned out to be a huge white Allium I forgot I had planted there)

Bloodroot! My little patch is slowly spreading and it's such a pretty, interesting flower. I love how the leaves snuggle the stem and don't expand until later. It's so ephemeral, but it's a treat while it blooms. After the flowers are gone, it has these great scalloped leaves that look wonderful in the shade garden.



My pup. She's loving this warm weather and spends a lot of time outside watching the birds. She is such a great dog and I take her with me whenever I can. I'm glad the weather is warm enough that we can drive around with the windows down. The drifts of hair in my backseat have to be seen to be believed, but she's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment