Saturday, December 29, 2007

Crimson Pillow and nerdiness

My Crimson pillow is finished! I blocked it when I finished the Daffodil scarf and put it together just before Christmas. I really love how it turned out. I seamed the edges with a simple crochet slip stitch and it worked very well.











As for the nerdiness, I have lots of little things that make my crafty life easier.

First: I got Clara Parkes' "Knitters Book of Yarn" for Christmas. I am loving this book. I have so much to learn about different fibers and this is really going to be a big help. I haven't had time to dig deep into the pages yet, but I will soon.



Second: I bought a set of needle files today. I'm planning to do some beading and they will help file down the rough edges on my wire wraps.

Third: I used a spare file card binder to make a yarn catalog for myself. It's full of 3x5 cards, one for each brand and style of yarn I have used so far. Then I used a hole punch in one side to make a space to loop a sample of each one. The color is written on the back of the card. It was inspired by the shade cards I saw at Elann.com. It's helpful to see the fiber contents, weights, stitch counts and care instructions all in one place. I'm a list-maker by nature, and this binder makes me happy. Yes, I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment