Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Links galore and daffodils!

I found a yarn shop (LYS in the lingo) tonight while I was on a quest for Opal Hundertwasser "Der Blaue Mond" yarn because I fell in so love with this scarf that I want to learn a bunch of complicated knit stitches, just so I can make one of my own.



I found the yarn, but then I found another one I loved even more. It's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the color "Daffodil". It has everything I love about the Opal yarn, without the grey and the red. I am going to learn Vyvyan Neel's Argosy scarf pattern if it kills me, just because this yarn is so beautiful, it deserves it.



The Argosy Scarf pattern is fairly complex although Knitty calls it "tangy" - meaning harder than beginner but not described as "hoo boy".



Last but not least, I am thrilled to have a friendly LYS with very helpful people - Monterey Yarn. I am looking forward to a lot of yarn shopping in the future. I was bursting with ideas and I now understand why Crazy Aunt Purl likes to smell yarn. High quality yarn is a work of art, even before you knit something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment