Sunday, December 23, 2007

Daffodil Scarf



My lovely Daffodil scarf is finished. I was able to get 23 repetitions of section two out of the single skein of yarn. I might have been able to get one more but I wanted to leave myself enough to finish the decreases. On size 4 bamboo needles, the scarf pre-blocking is 58 inches long and about three inches wide. The angles are seriously curled, so blocking should help display the stitch pattern.

Details:
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock "Daffodil" (80% superwash wool, 20% nylon) - 1 skein (215 yards)
Pattern: Argosy Scarf
Needles: Bamboo US size 4

Pre-blocking:







During blocking:




After blocking:

Blocking gave this scarf a whole new feel. The angles are defined and the open weave between the blocks really opened up. Now it drapes around my neck lightly with a slight stretchiness. It's so light, it's like a soft whisper against my skin. The colors in the sock yarn came out so different than I expected, but I love the effect. I plan to make more with this yarn, perhaps in different colors. I know someone who would love the Daffodil, but I'll have to make another because I want one for my very own.




No comments:

Post a Comment