Thursday, February 26, 2009

Copperpot Woolies

More fiber came in the mail today! I ordered 4oz of Corriedale combed top in color "Big Sky" from Copperpot Woolies. It is soft, sleek, lofty and an absolute dream to spin. It drafts almost without any help, which is good because the colors kept me entertained and it was hard to pay attention. My wheel was misbehaving tonight, which makes me want a new flyer more than ever. The bobbins are old and don't spin freely on the flyer, but I want to wait and get a jumbo flyer if I'm going to shell out for bobbins. However, I was able to mostly fill a bobbin with fairly even fingering to worsted weight singles. I had hoped to try Navajo plying with this, but my singles aren't fine enough. I saved the second half of the fiber for practice with my drop spindle when it gets here.

I will definitely be ordering again from Copperpot Woolies. I still can't get over the colors and the softness and the sheer joy of working with this wool.





No comments:

Post a Comment