Friday, February 13, 2009

Phat Fiber February Box Samples

I mailed out my samples to Phat Fiber yesterday and hopefully they'll make it in time for the February Box. I designed them for the theme of "Romance and Chocolate". I had a ton of fun making them and they were inspired by my mom. She loves Valentine's Day and sparkling things.



These are paper ornaments adorned with glitter, rhinestones, pearls, stickers and oil pencil. I made beaded hangers for them and each one is sealed with Mod Podge for a glossy finish. I raided my sister-in-laws scrapbook paper supply, so each sheep is different. I feel like they have different personalities depending on the paper, the bead and the finish. I may be biased, but I think they're really cute. I hope the box recipients like them.









To anyone who thinks artists lead a glamorous life, here's a shot of my workspace.



That's my kitchen table. I haven't eaten on it in weeks. One chair holds my box of acrylic paints and I usually have stuff on the countertop too. I finally stocked up on a big variety of art supplies, which meant that I had everything I needed to make these except the paper, beads and stickers. I tried to go beyond simple paper and glue so I could have fun with different techniques. The sheep took longer than I expected to make, because they had to be cut out, glued, dried, adorned, sealed, dried again and then pressed. I also had to make each beaded hanger to match the paper. I'm very high tech. My drying rack is a back scratcher propped up by two cereal boxes. My press is a folded sheet of parchment paper under two phone books. It's fun though. I get a kick out of solving problems and finding ways to do what I imagine.

My old blog is finally moved here to Blogger. I couldn't get the German terminology posts to format correctly, so I still have to play with those. I'm excited to have an easy link to Etsy from here and it's so much easier to work with. I still can't find the perfect template, but this one will do for now.

1 comment:

  1. These are darling, perfect for swap goodies or a mobile in my workspace!

    ReplyDelete