Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Argh!

I am in love with Patons SWS, but I think I need to frog this scarf I'm working on and try something different. The chevron pattern is gorgeous, but it makes a very heavy fabric. It's beautiful and totally impractical. I had to chain on multiples of 17 stitches, so two multiples is giving me a scarf that is 8 inches wide and only 18 inches long after a skein and a half of yarn. I can't decide if I want to make it wider and crochet a pillow or go narrower and modify the pattern to give me a better scarf. The chevron doesn't show very well with only one repeat. I can't really go to a smaller hook because the yarn is fairly bulky and I'm already undersized. The striping is perfect at the current width which is part of why I wish I didn't have to mess with it.

I'm going to set it aside and let it percolate until I have some inspiration about what to do with it. I may also scowl at it periodically in hopes that it shapes up.

Full view:




Front of pattern showing raised ridges:




Back of pattern showing the chevron on the "smooth" side:


No comments:

Post a Comment