Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bohemian Scarf

I love this scarf! It's six feet long and three inches wide. I made it with Patons Bohemian "Copper Chaos" on a 6mm J10 hook. It's done entirely in double crochet - chain 7 and keep going until long enough. I made it long enough to double over and loop through itself and it lays flat without rolling. It also feels like I have kittens snuggling my neck.

It's machine washable (delicate) and dryable because the chenille yarn is a polyester/acrylic blend. I'm working on a matching hat, but it's a work in progress. The scarf was frogged multiple times as I worked out how wide I wanted it and which stitch worked best. This is a very dense fabric and any wider would have been difficult to shape around my neck.







I'm toying with the idea of knitting a pillow out of this yarn but I'm afraid I'd never get out of my chair. It's too cuddly to use indiscriminately.

No comments:

Post a Comment