Saturday, November 3, 2007

Overwhelming urge to create.. something

I'm going through a crazy artsy phase right now. I'm not sure why I don't get the urge when I have the time, but I now find myself wanting to make one of everything instead of working or studying. I'm in the midst of crocheting my first kitty pi. It's a total experiment since the recipe calls for knitting and chunky yarn.

I'm also working on a couple beading projects and I really want to learn how to knit again. I knew the basics of knit and purl once upon a time. I've had to declare all craft stores off limits because I find myself wanting to buy yarn I love in the hopes that someday I'll think of something sensible to knit out of it. Patons Divine feels like kittens. I love to touch alpaca yarn, possibly because I have a special place in my heart for alpacas in general. The mothers and babies hum to each other. They're all "mmm!" "MMMMM!" It's hard not to love an animal that hums.



I'm not sure yet what I'll make when the kitty pi is finished. I'll be taking photos soon. I am really keeping my fingers crossed that it felts into something more substantial than it appears. Right now it's the consistency of a trivet and I can't imagine a cat doing anything more than flopping on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment