Sunday, November 4, 2007

My first blocking

I am blocking my kitty pi on the underside of a laundry basket and it is mushed down with a bungee cord. After three hot-cold washes and spin cycles with two pairs of old jeans, it is fuzzy and dense and lovely. I manhandled it back into a bed shape and made sure the blue circle was mostly even on the bottom. It's drying slowly, but it looks like it worked just fine!



The colors really match the stripes in my sofa pillows and the flowers in my placemats. That was a happy accident since I can never remember the colors of the stripes. The couch itself is poppy red so the purple bed is a nice color accent.



I'm also pleased with how the color border worked out. As the wool tightened and felted, it pulled the stitches together so the boucle is more of a slight ruffle. Before felting, the boucle was actually cinching in the sides and closing the opening of the bed a little. I am so glad I didn't try to crochet into every stitch when I started with the boucle. The ruffle would have been out of control!

No comments:

Post a Comment